Today we took Let’s Be Real LIVE to our platforms for a conversation on how to be civil and disobedient.
Of course, everyone is welcome to join our conversation, but this was particularly for my family–those who are following Christ or seek to follow Christ.
In this episode, we talk about:
- What it means to follow the highest ethic of love:
- Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:37-40
- How our citizenship in heaven determines how we live as citizens on earth (Philippians 3:20)
- Why power matters in conversations about repentance and humility
- How divisiveness works against us in all relationships, and how to seek unity.
Here are some of the resources I recommend for next steps:
Consider reading and discussing with friends or a small group: The Color of Compromise: The Truth about the American Church’s Complicity in Racism.
Q Ideas just released several short videos from national leaders working against racism: How We Respond.
- Austin Channing Brown’s book “I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness”.This book helped me see a new perspective and become more sensitive to how I engage with my friends of color.
- Look at the resources of Arrabon for your church, organization or small group.
WANT TO HELP SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Please find us on iTunes and leave a 5-Star Review! Want to be featured on the show? Send a voice memo with a question or sticky situation to email@example.com and we may address it in an episode!