“The minute you have asked ‘why?’ – you have become a theologian.” –-Carolyn Custis James
First, the bad news: you might be a little uncomfortable with this part, at least a first. But the good news (and it really is good news!) is that as you know more, it more it becomes easier to pull the principle out of Scripture.
In this episode, we talk about the five filters we use to understand what a passage is teaching us about God, ourselves, and the world we live in:
1. Is the principle or theory reflected in the passage?
2. Is the principle timeless?
3. Does the principle transcend culture, gender, age, status, etc.?
4. Is the principle harmonious with the rest of Scripture?
5. Is this principle relevant then and relevant now?
For more, check out:
Take the 30-Day ‘Help, My Bible Is Alive’ Challenge: http://urlme.cc/vzQp
“Grasping God’s Word” by Duvall and Hays: http://urlme.cc/DNlP
Want more? Come on over to YouTube and subscribe for updates for new, free content! https://www.youtube.com/nicoleunice